[openstack-dev] [neutron] Juno-2 Review Priority

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Tue Jul 15 13:24:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com> wrote:
> Kyle,
>
> It is probably my fault that I did not notice the review assignment page
> beforehand.
> Thankfully, I'm already engaged in reviewing the db 'healing' work. On the
> other hand, I've barely followed Oleg's progress on the migration work.
> I'm ok to assist Maru there, even if I'm surely less suitable than core devs
> like Aaron and Gary which have a long history of nova contributions. It is
> also worth noting that being nova work maybe a single neutron core dev might
> be enough (John and Dan are already following it from the nova side).

That sounds fine to me Salvatore. This was communicated in an email to
the list [1] and also at the Neutron meeting, but I didn't receive a
lot of feedback, so I wondered how many people really were aware. I've
spoken with Maru, and the Nova coverage is good there.

> I also would like to point out that I'm already reviewing several DVR
> patches, as well as the new flavour framework. I think I can add myself as
> core reviewer for these two work items, if you don't mind - also because DVR
> might use three or four core reviewers considering that there are several
> rather large patches to review.

This is also great, please feel free to do that.

The main intent of this experiment with assigning core reviewers was
to see how it would work for important community items. I envisioned
reviewers working with submitters to try and quickly turn some of
these patches around. We'll evaluate how this goes after Juno-2 and
see if it makes sense to continue in Juno-3.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-July/039529.html