[openstack-dev] Can not create cinder volume

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:51:20 UTC 2014

On 15 July 2014 08:24, Johnson Cheng <Johnson.Cheng at qsantechnology.com>
wrote:

> I have two questions here,
>
> 1.      It still has “Error encountered during initialization of driver:
> LVMISCSIDriver” error message in cinder-volume.log, how to fix this issue?
>
> 2.      From cinder-scheduler.log, it shows “volume service is down or
> disabled. (host: Compute)”. How can I modify cinder.conf to create cinder
> volume at controller node?

The good news is that you only have one problem. The driver not being
initialized means that that cinder-volume service never signs on with the
scheduler, so is never eligible to create volumes.

The problem you need to fix is this one:

2014-07-15 15:01:59.147 13901 TRACE cinder.volume.manager Stderr:
'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap",
line 10, in <module>\n    sys.exit(main())\n  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo/rootwrap/cmd.py", line 107, in
main\n    filters = wrapper.load_filters(config.filters_path)\n  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo/rootwrap/wrapper.py", line 119, in
load_filters\n    for (name, value) in filterconfig.items("Filters"):\n
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 347, in items\n    raise
NoSectionError(section)\nConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section:
\'Filters\'\n'

It looks like the config file /etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf has become
corrupted on one node - can you compare this file between the working and
not working node and see if there are any differences?