[openstack-dev] [devstack][keystone] Devstack, auth_token and keystone v3

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 15:47:16 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm probably missing something, but can anyone please tell me when devstack
will be moving to keystone v3, and in particular when API auth_token will
be configured such that auth_version is v3.0 by default?

Some months ago, I posted this patch, which switched auth_version to v3.0
for Heat:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80341/

That patch was nack'd because there was apparently some version discovery
code coming which would handle it, but AFAICS I still have to manually
configure auth_version to v3.0 in the heat.conf for our API to work
properly with requests from domains other than the default.

The same issue is observed if you try to use non-default-domains via
python-heatclient using this soon-to-be-merged patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/92728/

Can anyone enlighten me here, are we making a global devstack move to the
non-deprecated v3 keystone API, or do I need to revive this devstack patch?

The issue for Heat is we support notifications from "stack domain users",
who are created in a heat-specific domain, thus won't work if the
auth_token middleware is configured to use the v2 keystone API.

Thanks for any information :)

Steve