[openstack-dev] [qa] [rfc] move scenario tests to tempest client

Frittoli, Andrea (HP Cloud) frittoli at hp.com
Thu Jul 10 13:08:10 UTC 2014

++

The ugly monkey patch approach is still working fine for my downstream
testing, but that's something I'd be happy to get rid of.

Something that may be worth considering is to have an abstraction layer on top
of tempest clients, to allow switching the actual implementation below:

- REST call as now for the gate  jobs
- python calls for running the tests in non-integrated environments - these
would live in-tree with the services rather than in tempest - similar  to what
the neutron team is doing to run tests in tree
- python calls to the official clients, so that a tempest run could still be
used to verify the python bindings  in a dedicated job

andrea