[openstack-dev] [oslo] Asyncio and oslo.messaging

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at enovance.com
Thu Jul 10 12:57:38 UTC 2014

Le jeudi 10 juillet 2014, 14:48:04 Yuriy Taraday a écrit :
> I'm not suggesting that taskflow is useless and asyncio is better (apple vs
> oranges). I'm saying that using coroutines (asyncio) can improve ways we
> can use taskflow and provide clearer method of developing these flows.
> This was mostly response to the "this is impossible with coroutines". I say
> it is possible and it can even be better.

It would be nice to modify taskflow to support trollius coroutines. Coroutines
supports asynchronous operations and has a better syntax than callbacks.

For Mark's spec, add a new greenio executor to Oslo Messaging: I don't see the
direct link to taskflow. taskflow can use Oslo Messaging to call RPC, but I
don't see how to use taskflow internally to read a socket (driver), wait for
the completion of the callback and then send back the result to the socket
(driver).

I see trollius as a low-level tool to handle simple asynchronous operations,
whereas taskflow is more high level to chain correctly more complex operations.

trollius and taskflow must not be exclusive options, they should cooperate, as
we plan to support trollius coroutines in Oslo Messaging.

Victor