[openstack-dev] [neutron][all] switch from mysqldb to another eventlet aware mysql client

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 09:19:46 UTC 2014

On 10/07/14 08:09, Angus Lees wrote:
> On 10 July 2014 00:59, Roman Podoliaka <rpodolyaka at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Not sure what issues you are talking about, but I just replaced
>> "mysql" with "mysql+mysqlconnector" in my db connection string
>> in neutron.conf and "neutron-db-manage upgrade head" worked like
>> a charm for an empty schema.
>>

> Yep, I don't think we're far away from it being that simple.  Most
> of the changes/work I've seen discussed is in shifting the test
> environments and suitably addressing everyone's
> performance/uncertainty concerns.
>
> Ihar, could please elaborate on what changes to oslo.db are
> needed?

AFAIK we should:
- - set raise_on_warnings to False for sqlconnector (the current default
for sqlalchemy is True, which is wrong and to be fixed, but will need
to wait for the next release which is months away from us);
- - set encoding=utf8 until sqalchemy 1.0 is released and we require it.

Plus changes you already track (duplicate error detection and testing
parity - the latter is probably not a requirement).