[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Neutron ML2 Blueprints

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:31:11 UTC 2014

> Teams from MElanox and VMware based their work on current implementation
> of Neutron

Mlnx appears to not set any neutron settings, so wont be enabled correctly
with out some more TLC
(
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mellanox-Neutron-Icehouse-Redhat#Neutron_Server_Node
)

NSX appears to be using legacy OVS, but assumes just whatever the default
core_plugin is so it will need some TLC too.

>    - to merge https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280 in fuel-5.1
>
> Link is wrong should be https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103947

>    - To base Neutron implementation for 6.0 get
>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280/ and start working for adapt
>    this for Juno Neutron.
>
> I still think we should merge it

>    - Also we should discuss how to make HA-wrapper more pluggable.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103279/ makes it very pluggable, and
felt like the best start, what else do we need to add in the near term?
Should we just extend it as we move more components to it?

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Sergey Vasilenko <svasilenko at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> After review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280/ I have following
> thoughts. This patch looks fine, but huge and has lot of changes in
> deployment logic. Parallel teams work (vmware, melanox) depends on current
> implementation of Neutron in FUEL. I have a some dreads, that they can’t
> refactor his code in the short time remaining.
>
> Implementation https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280 has considerably
> less changes in current code of FUEL. Teams from MElanox and VMware based
> their work on current implementation of Neutron. Also this implementation
> was already tested in most deployment modes.
>
> On this basis, I suggest:
>
>    - to merge https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280 in fuel-5.1
>    - To base Neutron implementation for 6.0 get
>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280/ and start working for adapt
>    this for Juno Neutron.
>    - Also we should discuss how to make HA-wrapper more pluggable.

Andrew
Mirantis
Ceph community