[openstack-dev] [glance] tracebacks hidden in LOG.info

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 15:23:05 UTC 2014

On 07/09/2014 04:52 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> Sorry for over interpretting your response. I've had some frustration
> recently with many projects that say 'file a bug', but it turns out
> filing a bug doesn't actually get any results. If the only way to get
> motion on a bug is to also send an email or find people on IRC, I'm not
> convinced bugs should be filed by end users (I wonder if we could turn
> them off). Because they are really task trackers for devs. It's a meta
> issue though.

Np, I could've been more explicit too.

I really appreciate emails when it's a gate issue, the bug on LP is just
to make sure it doesn't fall out of our radar. If it's related to the
gate then it'll likely be marked as high/critical. I'm starting to tag
gate issues as "gate" to help prioritize things there.

As for not allowing users to create bugs, although I like the idea, I
think we would still need a way to allow them to report bugs. Food for
thought.

> So to be clear, there is not a bug for the logging problem.

Roger, I'll probably file one but first I'd like to know where this
deadlock thing is coming from.

> I did create https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1339735 for the
> deadlock issue (which is the core failure), so that we could track it in
> elastic recheck.
>
> However the logging issue definitely made it harder to track down.

Awesome, thanks. I'll track/work on this.
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco