[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Dev mode implementation

Sergii Golovatiuk sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 8 19:39:25 UTC 2014

Hi crew,

There is no functioning "dev" mode as of right now in the Fuel ISO build.
Authentication feature  makes developer's life even more painful.  A lot of
tests must be rewritten to pass authentication. Manual testing will be
slowed down as it will require additional steps. This complicates many
things we do. "Dev" mode should slightly modify ISO for development use.
Here are the features we should turn on in 'dev" mode

1. Disable authentication
2. Development packages should be added (nc, iperf, tcpdump, systemtap)
3. Extra verbosity should be turned on. CoreDumps should be enabled and
analyzed.
4. Special OpenStack flavors (m1.tiny should be 128MB instead of 512MB)
5. Additional messages in REST/JSON or any other API

If you have anything to add please bring that to our attention so we'll try
to cover your wishlist in blueprint.

Thank you.
--
Best regards,