[openstack-dev] [Marconi] RFC AMQP 1.0 Transport Driver for Marconi

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 17:01:10 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 03:33 PM, Janczuk, Tomasz wrote:
> What is the goal behind adding AMQP transport to Marconi? Would it make
> sense to constrain Marconi to HTTP only instead? What is the value AMQP
> adds that HTTP transport does not provide *in the context of Marconi*?

The HTTP interface is Marconi specific. AMQP is a standard protocol
adopted by other messaging services, meaning an application written to
use AMQP could be run against Marconi even if that was not the original
(or only) target.

I'm not arguing that Marconi should provide support for AMQP, but if it
did I can see that being useful to some set of users.