[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [Trove] Trove instance got stuck in BUILD state

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jul 8 05:27:57 UTC 2014

On 08/07/14 17:08, Denis Makogon wrote:
> Mark, there are also no documentation about service tuning(no description
> of service related options, sample configs in Trove repo is not enough).
> So, I think we should extend your list of significant things to document.

Right - I guess most of the tuning/config parameters could be better
documented too (I do recall seeing this mentioned for one of the Trove
meetings).

One other thing I recall is:

- mysql security install/setup in guest (mysql root password).

I had to struggle through all of these - and it took a lot of time,
because essentially the only viable way to debug each issue was:

- check in an equivalent devstack build
- read devstack setup code

or (if the issue was present in devstack as well)

- read the trove code and insert debug logging as appropriate

...and while this was a very interesting exercise, it was not a fast one!

Cheers

Mark