[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [Trove] Trove instance got stuck in BUILD state

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jul 8 02:56:12 UTC 2014

On 08/07/14 00:40, Amrith Kumar wrote:

> I think it is totally ludicrous (and to all the technical writers who work on OpenStack, downright offensive) to say the “docs are useless”. Not only have I been able to install and successfully operate a OpenStack installation by (largely) following the documentation, but “trove-integration” and “redstack” are useful for developers but I would highly doubt that a production deployment of Trove would use ‘redstack’.
>

> Syed, maybe you need to download a guest image for Trove, or maybe there is something else amiss with your setup. Happy to catch up with you on IRC and help you with that. Optionally, email me and I’ll give you a hand.

It is a bit harsh, to be sure. However critical areas are light/thin or
not covered at all - and this is bound to generate a bit of frustration
for folk wanting to use this feature.

In particular:

- guest image preparation
- guest file injection (/etc/guest_info) nova interaction
- dns requirements for guest image (self hostname resolv)
- swift backup config authorization
- api_extensions_path setting and how critical that is

There are probably more that I have forgotten (repressed perhaps...)!

Regards

Mark