[openstack-dev] Emails sent to publicly archived mailing lists are *NOT* confidential Re: [third-party-ci][neutron] What is "Success" exactly?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Jul 7 22:22:47 UTC 2014

> The contents of this message and any attachments to it are
> confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this
> message in error you should delete it from your system immediately
> and advise the sender.
>
> To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated,
> you should consider this message and attachments as "HP
> CONFIDENTIAL".

Someone has to stop this legally sounding silliness, I thought we were
done with it in 2007: it's your decision to send an email to a public
mailing list, which is archived and indexed in any possible way. Nobody
can consider messages sent to a mailing list confidential.

Warning of this kind sent to mailing lists (at least for those hosted on
lists.openstack.org) are:

 a) useless
 b) annoying
 c) too long (I think it's still good practice to keep email signatures
under 5 lines)

Just remove them please.

/stef