[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Gantt] Scheduler split status

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 14:53:59 UTC 2014

Le 07/07/2014 12:00, Michael Still a écrit :
> I think you'd be better of requesting an exception for your spec than
> splitting the scheduler immediately. These refactorings need to happen
> anyways, and if your scheduler work diverges too far from nova then
> we're going to have a painful time getting things back in sync later.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Indeed, whatever the outcome of this discussion is, the problem is that
the 2nd most important spec for isolating the scheduler
(https://review.openstack.org/89893 ) is not yet approved, and we only
have 3 days left.

<Teaser> There is a crucial architectural choice to be done in that spec
so we need to find a consensus and make sure everybody is happy with
that, as we can't go on a spec and later on discover that the
implementation is having problems because of an unexpected issue </Teaser>

-Sylvain