[openstack-dev] [infra][devstack-gate] mad rechecks

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jul 5 11:18:56 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-04 13:17:12 +0300 (+0300), Sergey Skripnick wrote:
[...]
> Is there any hope that jobs will just work? Such number of
> failures leads to significant amount of extra work for test nodes.

There is indeed hope. Most of the failures observed in integration
testing are because OpenStack is *broken* in various subtle ways
which become more obvious when tested in volume with parallel
operations. Others are because of poorly-written tests. Please join
the effort to fix OpenStack and improve (or remove) broken tests.

    http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/

However, if our typical response to our inability as a project to
successfully test our code is to just keep writing more code and
rechecking over and over rather than pitching in on fixing the bugs
which impede testing, there may be no hope after all.
--
Jeremy Stanley