[openstack-dev] [nova] Audit Log

Boris Pavlovic bpavlovic at mirantis.com
Fri Jul 4 12:32:03 UTC 2014

Noorul,

So about Logging, first thing that we should resolve is to have a standard
way to deal with logs.

1) E.g. logging as a service (https://github.com/stackforge/logaas), that
will tell to all services where to write logs, and present unified query
API (independent from backend e.g. logstash).

2) There should be a big work on unifying logs to be able to analyze

3) We shouldn't use LOGs for profiling (cause putting all calls to DB to
logs, will just kill any LOG storage system). But no worries for profiling
there will be another solution (I hope soon):
https://github.com/stackforge/osprofiler

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic