[openstack-dev] [oslo] Asyncio and oslo.messaging

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Jul 4 08:45:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 03 2014, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> We're attempting to take baby-steps towards moving completely from
> eventlet to asyncio/trollius. The thinking is for Ceilometer to be the
> first victim.

Thumbs up for the plan, that sounds like a good approach from what I
got. I just think there's a lot of things that are going to be
synchronous anyway because not everything provide a asynchronous
alternative (i.e. SQLAlchemy or requests don't yet AFAIK). It doesn't
worry me much as there nothing we can do on our side, except encourage
people to stop writing synchronous API¹.

And big +1 for using Ceilometer as a test bed. :)

¹  I'm sure you're familiar with Xlib vs XCB in this regard ;)

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker