[openstack-dev] [third-party] - rebasing patches for CI

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 18:10:36 UTC 2014

The reason I thought it changed was that this is the first cycle where I
have encountered scenarios where my unit tests for the patch run fine
locally, but then they fail when they are checked by Jenkins (caused by a
change after the parent of my patch). I suppose I was just lucky before and
never had anything merge after I proposed a patch that caused a conflict
with mine.

I suspect this is a problem then for many third-party CI systems because
the simple approach of setting [PROJECT]_REPO and [PROJECT]_BRANCH in
devstack to point to the gerrit server will not work correctly since it
will just test the patch without merging it.

Where is this merging process handled in the OpenStack CI? Is that done in
Zuul with the custom Zuul branch is passed to devstack?

--
Kevin Benton

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2014-07-01 10:05:45 -0700 (-0700), Kevin Benton wrote:
> [...]
> > As I understand it, this behavior for the main OpenStack CI check
> > queue changed to the latter some time over the past few months.
> [...]
>
> I'm not sure what you think changed, but we've (upstream OpenStack
> CI) been testing proposed patches merged to their target branches
> for years...
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Kevin Benton