[openstack-dev] Neutron ML2 Blueprints

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 2 13:24:46 UTC 2014

Guys, as we are working on 2 separate implementations of ML2 plugin
support, I suggest to split it into 2 blueprints:

1. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/ml2-neutron - this blueprint
is initial ML2 support and is being implemented by Sergey Vasilenko
(@xenolog) and is almost ready and being tested right now. This
implementation allows us to issue 5.1 release with ml2 support and unblock
other teams that need ML2 support. HIs blueprint design document should be
attached to this blueprint while current fuel-spec should be attached to
the blueprint I suggest to create.

2. Create blueprint called "Merge Neutron and ML2 plugins upstream support"
and target it for future releases. This implementation spec is in
fuel-specs here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/99807/  under work by
Andrew Woodward (@xarses) and should be moved to this blueprint. AFAIK, he
is experiencing problems with implementation and it will not make it to
this release.

--
Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,