[openstack-dev] [Keystone] [Swift] Question re. keystone domains

Coles, Alistair alistair.coles at hp.com
Wed Jul 2 13:02:55 UTC 2014

Thanks Dolph, that’s helpful.

For backwards compatibility reasons we need to preserve legacy access control list behavior for projects/users in the default domain only. To achieve that, we need to persist the project’s domain id in Swift. If a project subsequently moved to/from the default domain then Swift wouldn’t ‘break’ but would potentially (dis)allow legacy ACLs based on stale domain information.

If the backwards compatibility feature in Swift were configurable (on/off) then, as you suggest, some text alongside the Keystone config option (and corresponding in Swift) can act as a warning not to enable both options.
Alistair