[openstack-dev] [all] milestone-proposed is dead, long lives proposed/foo

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:14:52 UTC 2014

Hello.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> For all those reasons, we decided at the last summit to use unique
> pre-release branches, named after the series (for example,
> "proposed/juno"). That branch finally becomes "stable/juno" at release
> time. In parallel, we abandoned the usage of release branches for
> development milestones, which are now tagged directly on the master
> development branch.

I know that this question has been raised before but I still would like to
clarify this.
Why do we need these short-lived 'proposed' branches in any form? Why can't
we just use release branches for this and treat them as stable when
appropriate tag is added to some commit in them?

--

Kind regards, Yuriy.