[openstack-dev] [neutron] Timeline for the remainder of Juno

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Wed Jul 2 02:41:18 UTC 2014

All:

I've updated the Neutron Juno Project Plan [1] page with a timeline
for the remainder of Juno. Similar to Nova, we're going to participate
in both Spec Proposal Deadline (SPD) and Spec Approval Deadline (SAD).
The dates are listed on the wiki, but since these are new, I'm calling
them out here:

Neutron SPD: July 10
Neutron SAD: July 20

This means if you don't have a spec proposed in neutron-specs by July
10, it's unlikely to be approved for Juno. If your spec doesn't merge
by July 20, same situation.

We already have 32 specs for Juno-2, and a handful in Juno-3 already.
I expect some things to slip from Juno-2 into Juno-3. On top of this,
as of this morning, our spec backlog is 102. I expect to spend some
time next week beginning to clean this out by placing -2's on specs
which won't make Juno and should be targeted for the "K" release.

If you have questions, please reply here or find me in #openstack-neutron.

Thanks!
Kyle

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronJunoProjectPlan#Neutron_Release_Timelines