[openstack-dev] [third-party] - rebasing patches for CI

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:05:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

What is the expected behavior of 3rd-party CI systems with regard to
checking out a patch. Should it be tested 'as-is' or should it be merged
into the proposed branch first and then tested?

As I understand it, this behavior for the main OpenStack CI check queue
changed to the latter some time over the past few months. Matching its
behavior makes the most sense, especially since the 3rd party CI isn't
running in the gate so it's the closest alternative.

Is this what other CIs are doing? I didn't see anything about it in the
Neutron testing wiki[1] so I figured I would bring this to the mailing list
to get feedback.

1. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronThirdPartyTesting

Cheers
--