[openstack-dev] Small MongoDB World summary

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 14:10:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I attended MongoDB World last week and I thought about giving y'all a
heads up of what's coming next in mongodb-2.8.

- DB Lock will be pushed down to the document level. They demoed this
  and I gotta admit, it was quite mind-blowing.
- Support for different storage engines (ala MySQL). They demoed an
  in-memory storage engine, the original mmap based one and one based
  on rocksdb.
- Support for mongodb clusters deployment using MMS
- Support for gluster upgrades using MMS

This is just a small summary. If you're interested in mongodb, I
invite you to watch the keynotei[0]. If you're interested in spending
some extra time listening to talks from the conference, I'd recommend
you to take a look at:

- http://www.mongodb.com/presentations/mongodb-world-2014-keynote-charity-majors
- http://www.mongodb.com/presentations/replication-internals-life-write-0
- https://world.mongodb.com/mongodb-world/session/virtualizing-mongodb-cloud-ec2-openstack-vmsor-dedicated