[openstack-dev] [nova]Why not allow to create a vm directly with two VIF in the same network

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Thu Jan 30 14:26:53 UTC 2014

Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:

>In testing I have been unable to saturate a 10g link using a single VM. Even with multiple streams,
>the best I have been able to do (using virtio and vhost_net is about 7.8g.

Can you share details about your hardware and vSwitch config (possibly off list if that isn't a valid openstack-dev topic)

I haven't been able to spend any time on serious performance testing, but just doing preliminary testing on a HP BL460cG8 and Virtual Connect I haven't been able to push more than about 1Gbps using a pretty vanilla Havana install with OvS and VLANs (no GRE).