[openstack-dev] [TripleO] icehouse-1 test disk images setup

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 17:55:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> So, thoughts...
>
> I do see this as useful, but I don't see an all-in-one overcloud as
> useful for developers of tuskar (or pretty much anything). It's just
> not realistic enough.

True.

I do however see the all in one useful to test that your deployment
"infrastructure" is working. PXE is setup right, iscsi is going to
work, etc. Networking, on some level, is working. No need to start two
vm's to see it fail twice.

> I'm pro having downloadable images, long as we have rights to do that
> for whatever OS we're based on. Ideally we'd have images for all the
> OSes we support (except those with restrictions like RHEL and SLES).
>
> Your instructions at the moment need to be refactored to support
> devtest_testenv and other recent improvements :)

Indeed, my goal would be to work what I have into devtest, not the
other way around.

> BTW the MTU note you have will break folks actual environments unless
> they have jumbo frames on everything- I *really wouldn't do that* -
> instead work on bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1270646

Good point, I wasn't actually sure if what I was seeing was that bug
or not.  I'll look into it.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

--
-- James Slagle