[openstack-dev] [Nova] icehouse-3 deadlines

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 13:05:08 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I wanted to draw some attention to deadlines we will be using in Nova
for icehouse-3 to help trim our roadmap down to what we think can get
in.  We currently have 153 blueprints targeted to icehouse-3, which is
far from realistic.

    https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/icehouse-3

Deadline #1) Blueprint approval deadline

All blueprints *must* be approved by February 4 (1 week from today).
Otherwise, they will be deferred to Juno.

If your blueprint is in "New" or "Pending Approval", then it's queued up
for review and you're fine.  If it's in some other state, such as
"Review" or "Discussion", then it's waiting on action from you before it
can be approved.  Please change the state to "Pending Approval" when
you're ready for someone to look at it again.

Deadline #2) Work Started

Shortly after the blueprint approval deadline, any blueprint still
marked as "Not Started" will be deferred to Juno.  Please make sure your
blueprints reflect the true current state.

Deadline #3) Feature Proposal Deadline

As proposed here:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-January/025292.html

We're currently planning on requiring code for blueprints to be posted
for review by February 18th.

Russell Bryant