[openstack-dev] Mistral + taskflow mini-meetup

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jan 27 22:39:32 UTC 2014

Just a note also:

Taskflow's in a way is event-driven also, a workflow goes through various events and those events cause further actions (state-transitions, notifications, forward-progress).

I fully expect the https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63155 (yes not oslo.messaging, but someday when that library exists) to be more in your idea of event-driven.

To me u can model an event-driven system using an executor type (but not so much the other-way around); but perhaps it is possible and I can't think of it right now.

In fact if u look at what guido is doing with tulip [1] u can see a way to connect events to executors/futures to events (slightly similar to taskflows engine+futures).

I'd really like mistral to get back on using taskflow and helping converge instead of diverge, so lets make it happen :-)

-Josh

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3156/