[openstack-dev] [Glance] Is the 'killed' state ever set in v2?

David Koo kpublicmail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 09:27:06 UTC 2014

Hi All,

While trying to work on a bug I was trying to simulate some image
download failures and found that apparently the 'killed' state is never
set using v2 APIs.

If I understand correctly, a file upload goes to
api.v2.image_data.ImageDataController.upload and goes all the way to
store.ImageProxy.set_data which proceeds to write to the backend store.

If the backend store raises an exception it is simply propagated all the
way up. The notifier re-encodes the exceptions (which is the bug I was
looking at) but doesn't do anything about the image status.

Nowhere does the image status seem to get set to 'killed'.

Before I log a bug I just wanted to confirm with everybody whether or
not I've missed out on something.

Thanks.

--
Koo