[openstack-dev] Hyper-V Nova CI Infrastructure

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Jan 25 14:51:30 UTC 2014

On 1/24/2014 3:41 PM, Peter Pouliot wrote:
> Hello OpenStack Community,
>
> I am excited at this opportunity to make the community aware that the
> Hyper-V CI infrastructure
>
> is now up and running.  Let’s first start with some housekeeping
> details.  Our Tempest logs are
>
> publically available here: http://64.119.130.115. You will see them show
> up in any
>
> Nova Gerrit commit from this moment on.
>
> Additionally if anyone is interested, all of the infrastructure and
> automation
>
> work can be found in the following locations:
>
> http://github.com/openstack-hyper-v
>
> http://github.com/cloudbase
>
> Furthermore I would like to take a moment thank the team that made this
> moment possible.
>
> This is our first step, and as such was an incredible learning process
> for everyone involved.
>
> We were able to accomplish something that most thought couldn’t be done.
>
> I would personally like to take some time thank those individuals whose
> tireless effort helped get us to this stage.
>
> Alessandro Pilotti <apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com>
>
> Hashir Abdi <habdi at microsoft.com>
>
> Octavian Ciuhandu <ociuhandu at cloudbasesolutions.com>
>
> Nick Meier <Nick.Meier at microsoft.com>
>
> Gabriel Samfira <gsamfira at cloudbasesolutions.com>
>
> Tim Rogers <tirogers at microsoft.com>
>
> Claudiu Neșa <cnesa at cloudbasesolutions.com>
>
> Vijay Tripathy <vijayt at microsoft.com <mailto:vijayt at microsoft.com>>
>
> Thank you for the time and effort you put forth to get us to this
> milestone. Without each
>
> of you this would not have been possible. I look forward to continuing
> the progress and evolving
>
> the infrastructure to the next level.  Our job is not done, but we are
> now on the right path.
>
> Thank you all.
>
> I would also at this time like to thank the OpenStack community for your
> patience and guidance
>
> through this process.   There are too many of you who helped, instructed
> or guided us along the
>
> way to list here.  I hope we can rely on your continued support going
> forward as we progress
>
> through this journey including CI testing for all the OpenStack projects
> where Microsoft
>
> technologies are involved.
>
> Peter J. Pouliot CISSP
>
> Sr. SDET OpenStack
>
> Microsoft
>
> New England Research & Development Center
>
> 1 Memorial Drive
>
> Cambridge, MA 02142
>
> P: 1.(857).4536436
>
> E: ppouliot at microsoft.com <mailto:ppouliot at microsoft.com>
>
> IRC: primeministerp

So now some questions. :)

I saw this failed on one of my nova patches [1].  It says the build
succeeded but that the tests failed.  I talked with Alessandro about
this yesterday and he said that's working as designed, something with
how the scoring works with zuul?  The problem I'm having is figuring out
why it failed.  I looked at the compute logs but didn't find any errors.
  Can someone help me figure out what went wrong here?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/69047/1

Matt Riedemann