[openstack-dev] Gate Status - Friday Edition

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 24 19:37:39 UTC 2014

On 01/24/2014 02:02 PM, Peter Portante wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> In the last 7 days I see only 6 python27 based test
> failures: http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJwcm9qZWN0Olwib3BlbnN0YWNrL3N3aWZ0XCIgQU5EIGJ1aWxkX3F1ZXVlOmdhdGUgQU5EIGJ1aWxkX25hbWU6Z2F0ZS1zd2lmdC1weXRob24qIEFORCBtZXNzYWdlOlwiRVJST1I6ICAgcHkyNzogY29tbWFuZHMgZmFpbGVkXCIiLCJmaWVsZHMiOltdLCJvZmZzZXQiOjAsInRpbWVmcmFtZSI6IjYwNDgwMCIsImdyYXBobW9kZSI6ImNvdW50IiwidGltZSI6eyJ1c2VyX2ludGVydmFsIjowfSwic3RhbXAiOjEzOTA1ODk2Mjk0MDR9
>
> And 4 python26 based test
> failures: http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJwcm9qZWN0Olwib3BlbnN0YWNrL3N3aWZ0XCIgQU5EIGJ1aWxkX3F1ZXVlOmdhdGUgQU5EIGJ1aWxkX25hbWU6Z2F0ZS1zd2lmdC1weXRob24qIEFORCBtZXNzYWdlOlwiRVJST1I6ICAgcHkyNjogY29tbWFuZHMgZmFpbGVkXCIiLCJmaWVsZHMiOltdLCJvZmZzZXQiOjAsInRpbWVmcmFtZSI6IjYwNDgwMCIsImdyYXBobW9kZSI6ImNvdW50IiwidGltZSI6eyJ1c2VyX2ludGVydmFsIjowfSwic3RhbXAiOjEzOTA1ODk1MzAzNTd9
>
> Maybe the query you posted captures failures where the job did not even run?
>
> And only 15 hits (well, 18, but three are within the same job, and some
> of the tests are run twice, so it is a combined of 10
> hits): http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJwcm9qZWN0Olwib3BlbnN0YWNrL3N3aWZ0XCIgQU5EIGJ1aWxkX3F1ZXVlOmdhdGUgQU5EIGJ1aWxkX25hbWU6Z2F0ZS1zd2lmdC1weXRob24qIEFORCBtZXNzYWdlOlwiRkFJTDpcIiBhbmQgbWVzc2FnZTpcInRlc3RcIiIsImZpZWxkcyI6W10sIm9mZnNldCI6MCwidGltZWZyYW1lIjoiNjA0ODAwIiwiZ3JhcGhtb2RlIjoiY291bnQiLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTM5MDU4OTg1NTAzMX0=
>

> Thanks,

So it is true, that the Interupted exceptions (which is when a job is
killed because of a reset) are some times being turned into Fail events
by the system, which is one of the reasons the graphite data for
failures is incorrect, and if you use just the graphite sourcing for
fails, your numbers will be overly pessimistic.

The following is probably better lists
 -
http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/data/uncategorized.html#gate-swift-python26
(7 uncategorized fails)