[openstack-dev] [nova]Why not allow to create a vm directly with two VIF in the same network

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Fri Jan 24 14:33:36 UTC 2014

I agree that I'd like to see a set of use cases for this. This is the second time in as many days that I've heard about a desire to have such a thing but I still don't think I understand any use cases adequately.

In the physical world it makes perfect sense, LACP, MLT, Etherchannel/Portchannel, etc. In the virtual world I need to see a detailed description of one or more use cases.

Shihanzhang, why don't you start up an Etherpad or something and start putting together a list of one or more practical use cases in which the same VM would benefit from multiple virtual connections to the same network. If it really makes sense we ought to be able to clearly describe it.

--
Paul Carver
VO: 732-545-7377