[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Complex query API design

Ildikó Váncsa ildiko.vancsa at ericsson.com
Fri Jan 24 13:43:39 UTC 2014

Hi Ceilometer guys,

We are implementing a complex query functionality for Ceilometer. We got a comment to our implementation that using JSON in a string for representing the query filter expression, is probably not the best solution.

The description of our current API design can be found here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ceilometer/ComplexFilterExpressionsInAPIQueries.
The review of the patch is available here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62157/11.

It would be good, if we could reach a consensus about this design question, that is why I thought to start a discussion about this on the mailing list first and I also add an item about this to the next week's meeting agenda of Ceilometer. Any comments are very welcomed.

Best Regards,
Ildiko