[openstack-dev] [neutron][ha][agents] host= parameter

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo mangelajo at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 07:09:21 UTC 2014

Hi!,

    I want to ask, specifically, about the intended purpose of the
host=... parameter in the neutron-agents (undocumented AFAIK).

    I haven't found any documentation about it. As far as I discovered,
it's being used to provide Active/Passive replication of agents, as
you can manage agent's on different hosts to register with the same ID to neutron
(of course, *never* at the same time).

For example, if an L3 router host dies somewhere, you can start it's passive
using the same host=.... id in the agent .ini file, and it will setup
the exact same virtual routers and connectivity.

    My main concern, is, as it doesn't seem to be documented, is it really
purposed for this?,

    In that case, I suppose it would be good if I spend a few minutes to document
the agent example config files.

    Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Cheers,
    Miguel Ángel Ajo