[openstack-dev] Reviewing reviewers

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 22:35:35 UTC 2014

I don't know about other projects, but we in the Heat project are
constantly on the lookout for people who can be converted into core
reviewers. Inevitably part of that process is evaluating whether someone
has developed the depth of knowledge of the code that would allow them
to catch a reasonable proportion of issues. One way to do that is to
look at a a large selection of their past reviews, but the web interface
is very much not conducive to doing that.

The data is available through the Gerrit API, so I threw together a tool
to obtain and print it:

https://github.com/zaneb/metareview

Basically it outputs the text of every review by a particular user in a
particular project, along with a link.

The output is pretty basic, but would be easy to modify if somebody has
other uses in mind. I hope this might prove useful to somebody.

cheers,
Zane.