[openstack-dev] [Infra] Question about disk partition

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:55:21 UTC 2014

I would think that the intent of the tests would be to use the /opt
partition that was attached to the instance. I would think that we should
be able to configure the resources to use /opt instead. or hack /var to be
inside /opt.

Either way, growing the root volume would likely be the most painful route
we could take.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Kenichi Oomichi
<oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am investigating a gate failure(#1).
> On some sample(#2), "create server" continued to fail due to "No space
> left on device".
> Is it possible to extend the root partition?
>
> On the above sample, the fisrt IOError happened when writing a tempfile
> under /var/cache/nova directory:
>  File
> "/opt/stack/new/python-keystoneclient/keystoneclient/middleware/auth_token.py",
> line 1337, in token_revocation_list
>       f.write(value)
>  IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
>
> According to some df.txt.gz's of successful samples[#3], the root
> partition seems small:
>  Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>  /dev/vda1       9.9G  8.4G  1.1G  90% /
>  udev            3.9G   12K  3.9G   1% /dev
>  tmpfs           1.6G  384K  1.6G   1% /run
>  none            5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
>  none            3.9G  4.0K  3.9G   1% /run/shm
>  /dev/vdb2       219G  8.1G  200G   4% /opt
>  cgroup          3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
>  /dev/loop0      6.0G   68M  6.0G   2% /opt/stack/data/swift/drives/sdb1
>
> I am not familiar with the gate test environment,
> so I'd like to know whether the above approach is right or not.
>

> Thanks
> Ken'ichi Ohmichi
>
> ---
> #1: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1257641
> #2:
> http://logs.openstack.org/18/62118/7/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/3bfd6ec/logs/
> #3:
> http://logs.openstack.org/26/68026/4/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/aae25e0/logs/df.txt.gz
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/35/65635/5/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/8e38e3e/logs/df.txt.gz
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/75/67575/6/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/0c62c6b/logs/df.txt.gz

If google has done it, Google did it right!