[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] Terminology Revival #1 - Roles

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jan 23 09:46:21 UTC 2014

On 22 January 2014 12:05, Liz Blanchard <lsurette at redhat.com> wrote:

> How about Instance Type? I’m looking at page 10 of the latest wireframes [1] and I see we are using the terms “Resource”, “Node”, and “Instance” to labels certain items. I’m pretty sure Node and Instance are different, but I’m wondering if we need to introduce Resource as a new term.

It's not a new term, its generic in Heat, but it's also arguably
incorrect here because as Jay says, this isn't the resource itself,
its a description of what will go in the template definition to
request that heat deploy instances.

Instance Type would be horribly confusing IMNSHO - too close to
http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/ - which it is not at all
like.

-Rob

--