[openstack-dev] [fuel-dev] monitoring openstack services with nagios

Roman Alekseenkov ralekseenkov at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 23 02:16:53 UTC 2014

Fernando,

As you are making changes to Fuel, it's important to keep the following
considerations in mind:
- 3.2.x doesn't have PuppetDB
- 4.x doesn't have Puppet Master at all

Dev team deliberately switched to masterless puppet just recently, due to
the scaling issues as well as a number of random bugs and glitches with
Puppet Master. This was not an easy call, but it was carefully thought
through. See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/54098/

This puts some restrictions on the manifests, such as the lack of exported
resources (on which you are relying in nagios support), but ultimately
improves reliability of the entire system.
And, yes, Zabbix support is in plans for one of the next releases.

Thanks,
Roman