[openstack-dev] Changes coming in gate structure

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 22 22:41:56 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 05:24 PM, Peter Portante wrote:
> Can you consider issuing the check job before forwarding to the gate if
> the current patch set is not already (re)based against master?  That
> way, if it is, and there was a successful check job, even if it was days
> old, a new one would not be needed? Perhaps?

One of the issues we've been facing is the fact that the reasons for
failure, might be outside your tree. Like an upstream library release.
So currency is very key. 24hrs seemed like a sane starting point to
address those problems. We can tune as time goes on.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America