[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Status update and weekly meeting

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 22 20:08:18 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

At this point we have a few major action items, mostly patches on review.
Please note that the gate is in pretty bad shape, so don't expect anything
to be approved/merged until this is sorted out.

1) SSL extension
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63510/
The code here is in a good shape IMO, but we are yet undecided on the
general approach.
In my opinion while we are lacking good and stable open source solution
(which is Haproxy 1.5 released) that can be made a vendor extension with a
prospect of moving into the core lbaas API.

2) Loadbalancer instance
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60207/
New API made fully backward-compatible.
As new drivers appear (like https://review.openstack.org/#/c/67405/ ) the
code shows the need of container entity to bind entities like router,
device, agents.

3) Multiple providers with the same driver
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64139/
The code is good to merge, we need for the gate to be stable.

4) L7 rules
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/61721/
My concern here is  how Vip and Pool are associated. I think it could be
made more generic.
I've left corresponding comments.

5) We have lbaas scenario test which is still waiting to be merged:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58697/

We'll have a regular irc meeting tomorrow at 14-00 UTC on
#openstack-meeting.
I'd like to discuss primarily 1 item which is 'uneven API experience',
which could be divided into two distinct parts:
 - Presenting different API for different drivers (e.g. justification for
vendor extension framework)
 - Generic API experience
On the (2) I'd like to discuss the concern that I've raised in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68190/

Thanks,
Eugene.