[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron]About creating vms without ip address

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 19:52:21 UTC 2014

Hello.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Dong Liu <willowd878 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's your opinion?

We've just discussed a use case for this today. I want to create a sandbox
for Fuel but I can't do it with OpenStack.
The reason is a bit different from telecom case: Fuel needs to manage nodes
directly via DHCP and PXE and you can't do that with Neutron since you
can't make its dnsmasq service quiet.

So, it's a great idea. We can have either VMs with no IP address associated
or networks with no fixed IP range, either could work.
There can be a problem with handling floating IPs though.

--

Kind regards, Yuriy.