[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] [UX] Infrastructure Management UI - Icehouse scoped wireframes

Tzu-Mainn Chen tzumainn at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 16:44:08 UTC 2014

Thanks for the update!

One question - is it possible to move the "Deploying Status" bar from page 12 to page 14?

The reason is that the former looks like a "Deployment Creation" page, while the latter is
a "Deployment Detail" page.  For me, the former is about sending parameters to the API to
create an overcloud; the latter is for information about an already created overcloud.  And
if we have a 'deployment status' then we already have an overcloud (a stack with a
CREATE_IN_PROGRESS status).

There are also other times when the detail page might need that status bar - when one user
scales the deployment upwards, say - so I think it makes sense to establish the status bar there.

If we do move the Deploying Status bar, then maybe we can also include the expected Resource
count in the details page?  Right now, that page only shows the actual Resource count
(from Heat); adding the expected Resource count (from Tuskar) could provide verification that
expectations match reality.

Mainn