[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron should disallow /32 CIDR

Paul Ward wpward at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 22 01:10:33 UTC 2014

You beat me to it. :)  I just responded about not checking the allocation
pool start and end but rather, checking subnet_first_ip and subnet_last_ip,
which is set as follows:

        subnet = netaddr.IPNetwork(subnet_cidr)
        subnet_first_ip = netaddr.IPAddress(subnet.first + 1)
        subnet_last_ip = netaddr.IPAddress(subnet.last - 1)

However, I'm curious about your contention that we're ok... I'm assuming
you mean that this should already be handled.   I don't believe anything is
really checking to be sure the allocation pool leaves room for a gateway, I
think it just makes sure it fits in the subnet.  A member of our test team
successfully created a network with a subnet of 255.255.255.255, so it got
through somehow.  I will look into that more tomorrow.