[openstack-dev] a "common" client library

Alexei Kornienko alexei.kornienko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:19:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

I would like to end this requirements talk cause it doesn't make any sense
in term of python clients.
Initially the discussion was about "many clients projects with separate
requirements" VS "single client project with single requirements list".

At that moment we should have stop and actually open requirements lists for
python clients.
Basically all clients have the same requirement (cause they all do the same
stuff - sending HTTP requests K.O.)
There is absolutely no difference in the situation of many clients vs
single client.

Answering another question about "user only needs X (keystone) and we
install package with clients for all openstack services":
Size of keystone client (and any other client I suppose) is ~300Kb I don't
think that it's a big difference for the user to install package that is
~300Kb or ~10Mb (unless we are using openstack from Android).

>From the user perspective I think it's much easier to use client with
"everything included" rather than try to google for client package for some
rarely used service.

Regards,
Alexei