[openstack-dev] [qa][Neutron][Tempest][Network] Break down NetworkBasicOps to smaller test cases

Yair Fried yfried at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 06:15:37 UTC 2014

I seem to be unable to convey my point using generalization, so I will give a specific example:
I would like to have "update dns server" as an additional network scenario. Currently I could add it to the existing module:

1. tests connectivity
2. re-associate floating ip
3. update dns server

In which case, failure to re-associate ip will prevent my test from running, even though these are completely unrelated scenarios, and (IMO) we would like to get feedback on both of them.

Another way, is to copy the entire network_basic_ops module, remove "re-associate floating ip" and add "update dns server". For the obvious reasons - this also seems like the wrong way to go.

I am looking for an elegant way to share the code of these scenarios.

Yair