[openstack-dev] Top Gate Reseting issues that need attention

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jan 20 14:33:01 UTC 2014

Anyone that's looked at the gate this morning... knows things aren't
good. It turns out that a few new races got into OpenStack last week,
which are causing a ton of pain, and have put us dramatically over the edge.

We've not tracked down all of them, but 2 that are quite important to
address are:

 - Bug 1270680 - v3 extensions api inherently racey wrt instances
 - Bug 1270608 - n-cpu 'iSCSI device not found' log causes
gate-tempest-dsvm-*-full to fail

Both can be seen as very new issues here -
http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/

We've got a short term work around on 1270680 which we're going to take
into the gate now (and fix it better later).

1270608 is still in desperate need of fixing.

Neutron is in a whole other level of pain. Over the weekend I found the
isolated jobs are in a 70% fail state, which means the overall chance
for success for Neutron / Neutron client patches are < 5%. As such I'd
suggest a moritorium for them going into the gate at this point, as they
are basically guarunteed to fail.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague