[openstack-dev] Uninstalling openstack

Marco Fornaro Marco.Fornaro at huawei.com
Mon Jan 20 10:39:40 UTC 2014

Hi Lalitha,

About uninstall: please accept some suggestions:
1) Do exactly the backward path of the installation respecting the sequence, meaning:
If you installed:
Packet one
Packet two
Packet three
You have to:
Uninstall packet three
Uninstall packet two
Uninstall packet one
2) always use the --purge option:
apt-get remove --purge my-packet
x)optional:I also take a look at undeleted directories in /etc/ /var/log /var/lib, if necessary I delete them manually :-)
3) after EACH bunch on uninstall (like apt-get remove --purge nova-something-packets) always use:
apt-get --purge autoremove

Then, Starting from mseknibilel work I wrote a VERY similar guide for Havana and carefully tested it:
https://github.com/fornyx/OpenStack-Havana-Install-Guide/blob/master/OpenStack-Havana-Install-Guide.rst

Please note that openstack dev is not in my opinion the good list, perhaps openstack or openstack-doc would be better :-)

BR

Marco