[openstack-dev] a "common" client library

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Sat Jan 18 14:13:46 UTC 2014

I like the idea of a fresh start, but I don't think that's incompatible
with the other work to clean up the existing clients. That cleanup work
could help with creating the backwards compatibility layer, if a new
library needs to include one, for example.

As far as namespace packages and separate client libraries, I'm torn. It
makes sense, and I originally assumed we would want to take that approach.
The more I think about it, though, the more I like the approach Dean took
with the CLI, creating a single repository with a team responsible for
managing consistency in the UI.

Doug