[openstack-dev] [TripleO] milestone-proposed branches

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Jan 18 01:21:00 UTC 2014

On 18 January 2014 09:09, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> tl;dr: You're right, it would be useful. Points on what is blocking it
> below:

> I'll address the bigger points here below, but for the record, I think
> setup-endpoints and register-endpoint are stable enough now that they
> should just be included with keystoneclient or keystone. Perhaps rewritten
> as subcommands to the keystone cli, but even as-is they would be useful
> in keystoneclient's bin dir IMO.

They aren't really - I had to edit them yesterday :). We need to
finish a full production deployment I think to properly assess that.
And... with tuskar coming along we may not need these tools at all :).

> If we are prepared to make basic release-to-release stability guarantees
> for everything in incubator (or kick the few things we aren't prepared
> to do that for out to a new incubator) then huzzah! Lets do what you
> suggest above. :)
>
> I just don't think we're there yet, and I'd rather see us fork off the
> things that are ready as they get to that point rather than try to make
> a giant push to freeze the whole thing. I'm afraid we'd have users in a
> bad position by expecting the icehouse version of assert-user to still
> be there and keep working in Juno.

"Giant push to freeze the whole thing" is quite different to "I want
to maintain a stable release of what we have now" - if someone wants
to do that, I think we should focus on enabling them, not on creating
more work.

That said, I think stable releases of CD'd tooling is an odd concept
in itself, but thats a different discussion.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist