[openstack-dev] [Solum][Keystone] Best practices for storing keystone trusts information

Lance D Bragstad ldbragst at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 17 18:31:06 UTC 2014

Hi Georgy,

The following might help with some of the trust questions you have, if you
haven't looked at it already:
https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/blob/master/openstack-identity-api/v3/src/markdown/identity-api-v3-os-trust-ext.md

As far as storage implementation, trust uses sql and kvs backends. Trusts
can be given an expiration but if an expiration is not given the trust is
valid until it is explicitly revoked (taken from the link above):

  Optionally, the trust may only be valid for a specified time period, as
defined by expires_at. If noexpires_at is specified, then the trust is
valid until it is explicitly revoked.

Trusts can also be given 'uses' so that you can set a limit to how many
times a trust will issue a token to the trustee. That functionality hasn't
landed yet but it is up for review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56243/

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Lance Bragstad